So are we LIMA or are we “bALaNceD”?

@autumn1123 Hmmm I see a lot of comments about "I used an e-collar and it was like I had a different dog in a week!" and then discussions about the fallout of aversives, which is incredibly helpful for a newbie. Again, I would much rather someone have all of that information than finding it elsewhere without that nuance. There are thousands of places on the internet to find one-sided dog training advice and very few where we can have that kind of discussion.

@tenderloin I feel like it would be more helpful to have searchable threads of or be able to ask, “I’m at the end of my rope and want to get an e-collar, thoughts?” And have the overwhelming response be about the potential fallout, than a confusing mixture and back-and-forth. Plus, there’s always the risk of comments falling through the cracks when no one is around to call out bad information.

@christopherb As a note, puppy101 does not remove mentions of r/reactivedogs on our sub.

I have removed one and only because the person also added that they weren't allowed to promote aversive tools on puppy but could on reactivedogs.

@joshuawithmartin I gather that the overlapping mods essentially made that decision, not that their mod team independently decided to join the boycott. Those three subreddits have a high degree of mod overlap so a handful of mods effectively control all three.

Edit: I forgot one user with a high degree of overlap isn't a mod of multiple after all.

Back