[RIP] Moose 6 y/o Amstaff

@jfgcoffee My dad even cried, I don't remember the last time I sad my dad cry. Moose loved my dad because he always played tug of war with moose even though moose was a jerk who never let anyone else win

@mrbrain I’m genuinely sorry for you. Right now I’m sitting next to my dog in our car on the way home from a little walk in a forest. On our walk we had her loose and we didn’t notice that a horse was coming by on a little gravel road right in front of us, an my dog started barking and running after it. Now that I sit here in the car with her and reading your story I’m tearing up. I don’t want to tell my age but I’m around the age of 10-15 and I got my dog 2 years ago. Those 2 years have been amazing and I can’t imagine what would happen if she got kicked by that horse on our walk.

I do not want to imagine life without her, or that she would died young. It must be so horrible for you right now. No one deserves to die at the age of 6. Not dogs, not humans no one.

I just want to say one thing; I’m really, really sorry for you. I hope that you one day will think back on him and remember the good and happy moments you had with him.

And one more thing: You gave him a wonderful life. It was 6 years, but I bet that those 6 years where wonderful and that he was very happy during those years.
(Sorry for bad English it’s not my native language)

@mrbrain The same thing happened to my old dog too, it’s called canine cognitive disorder or doggy Alzheimer’s. He was walking into things and just like your doggo would fall down steps, mine got so skinny and disoriented that he went through the bars of my old apartment balcony and fell three stories. Moose is adorable and know that he was lucky to have a loving and caring doggy mom like you. If you need anything, I’m a message away. Stay strong, OP. ❤️

@mrbrain I am just so terribly sorry for your loss. I was in tears reading Moose’s story. He sounded like the best boy! It’s just isn’t fair when young dogs like this become ill and pass away. I don’t think I’ll ever understand it. I have been there myself and it is the worst kind of hurt. Just wanted to let you know I’m sending you much love and hugs during this very difficult time 💕🐶🐾

@mrbrain I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like he was the bestest boy and it is so awful that his life shortened. But you gave him six years of happiness and love right till the end, and he isn't suffering anymore. And you'll carry him in your heart so he'll always be with you. 💜

@mrbrain Really sorry his time was shortened. I have tears streaming down my face because I can feel the love you had for him. I can see the love he had for you in that picture. You did more in his short life than many do for their dogs with double that life span. Thank you for giving him a full life!

@mrbrain Such a heartfelt tribute that it made me cry. I wish you could have had many years together. It is unfair. From your description, he had a wonderful life . Living his bestest life because of your love and devotion. And it was cruel how he deteriorated so quickly. Hard to believe what's happening at the time. I hope in time your hurt lessens⚘

@mrbrain It’s their only flaw, that they do not live long enough, no matter how old they get. You have the right to feel resentful and shortchanged, he was obviously an incredible dog. There are no words for the gaping hole that is left when we have to say goodbye...and it’s always too soon. I just imagine Moose running around up there, just over the rainbow bridge, in the paradise of free souls and we will all meet him there in that endless dog park one day. Loving kindness to you and thanks for letting us know how much you loved him. 🌈💫✨🌌

@mrbrain I'm so sorry for you - Moose sounds like the best boy. We lost our 5 year old GSD Otto in June very suddenly. We don't know why he didn't recover from a non-life threatening surgery and all the vet could say was this shouldn't of happened and that he was a healthy young dog. My heart hurts so badly.

@mrbrain My deepest condolences to your best boi, Moose. From the photo you added, he was indeed very loved & had the biggest doggo smile that made everyone smile. I had a dog similar to Moose, his name was Ringo & he was a Golden Retriever mix.

Ringo was adopted back in 2002 (my childhood dog), and he was a gentle soul that knew he was loved unconditionally. He grew up in an abusive household and it took him a while to know that there are still some good humans out there. One thing I will say is that out of my two brothers, my mom, and I; I was always the one who spoiled Ringo rotten the most with treats, giving him so much belly rubs, and brushing his fur almost daily.

However, by May 2012, my family and I all had to make the hardest decision of putting Ringo down when the vet had told us that he had a few tumors. At the time, we couldn't afford Ringo's surgery and with age, he was getting old and he was in pain. As heartbroken as my folks & I (mainly me) were, we had to put him down. From that and forward, he still & forever the best boi my folks & I had.

Back