[RIP] Appache, my lovely Golden Retriever, 15 years old

@everlastingfootprint I am 69 years old and I have known your pain many times. It hurts bad... every single time. No matter how many fur friends I have said 'good bye' to.... I would never not have them in my life!

I have had Springer Spaniels, Afghans Hounds and mixed 'mutts'...but Golden Retrievers are THE BEST!! They are the only dogs in my life now because they are so funny...and loyal...and loving. They give the BEST kisses, don't they? And no dog can chase tennis balls like they can!

I am coming up on the 1 yr bridge date of my 14 yr old Golden Retriever, Cooper. I think about him every day, But now I smile more than tear up. And you will too. Give it time...don't rush your grief.

I am SO sorry for the loss of your best friend, your fur child. Please know you are in my thoughts and close to my heart during this time of profound sadness. When you feel up to it please visit The Rainbow Bridge of you can. You will find some comfort there.

Stay safe.

Godspeed precious Appache... what a GOOD boy you are!

(((hugs)))

@everlastingfootprint He is so beautiful!! And looks like he was very fun and funny!!!

I’m so sorry for you loss!!😭
It will hurt really bad for a while, but with time all the good memories will bring you so much happiness. He will always be with you
Sending you a big hug! ❤️

@everlastingfootprint Im very sorry for your loss. Very few things compare to the loss of such loyal and loving family members. I hope that someday you can find it in your heart to rescue another dog that needs a loving home and can bring the same joy and love and life to your home. My deepest sympathies to you.

@everlastingfootprint Im so sorry for your loss. What you said was perfect; it is so hard to lose a pet. My first pet I was about 10 when he passed in an accident by my drunk dad -we bought him when I was 5, I can still cry. I’m 50. Crying helps for any loss, it grills through that deep pain. It seems crying gets into the depths of it for some reason. Dogs, well, I think any animal... I’ve only been attached to dogs... Their like our guardian angels that somehow seem tougher than us, yet they take most things in stride. You know, they do say there are angel dogs, just like humans... so you can talk to them if you were real close their nearby. Take care of yourself. Im sure Appache is back with his angels

Back