[RIP] Casper, Mixed, 6-7 months

rabbithunterdv

[RIP]

Today I pick up Casper the fantastic Forster dog who came to us broken. Not that his body had broken bones, but more of his little thin self was locked away for the six months hardly fed a thing. At six months old he barely weighed 15 lbs. Starved and malnourished his bones where visible behind the thin fur.

For 20 days he ate three to four times a day (small meals in hopes he would gain weight.) Played outside running as best he could. Fetch was more of catch, because I would have to catch Casper to get the ball back from him. Friends even donated vests to help keep him warm. He smiled when I put the red and black vest on him. He took to putting his head on my lap to “beg” for treats. He would get them.

Today I pick up Casper from the vet, for the last time. Because his little body didn’t grow up and develop correctly, organs failed last week. Today I pick up Casper to come to my house, a forever home he barely had a chance to know.

Please give your pup/best friend a treat in Caspers name.

@rabbithunterdv Casper had a lot stacked against him, but I'm happy he had a chance to understand, so briefly, what it's like to have a loving home. You made a huge difference in a life that mattered.

I will give my dog a treat in Casper's name when I get home.

@rabbithunterdv Bless you - for your love and care of Casper. Dogs live and love in the moment. All his moments with you were filled with love, food, and play. He must have been so happy. That’s what Casper carries with him over the bridge. Thanks for sharing his all too short story with us. All dogs get extra pets and snackos tonight. To Casper!

@rabbithunterdv A vet told my mum her dog wouldn’t remember his previous abusive home at all after a week or so with her in his new home. Caspar lived a happy, albeit short, life with you. Well done. Giving my pup some cheese in memory of Caspar

@rabbithunterdv My heart goes out to you all. Even though the time was brief, you gave him the chance to know that not all people are monsters, and unconditional love.

Thank you for giving him a chance. Sending love and light your way. ❤

Back