[RIP] Blitz, Belgium Malinois, 9

@marktina9767 He looks like such a happy dog. Genuine puppy happiness. I am so terribly sorry that you only have a couple more days with him. But it seems like you two have had the best time together. I will think of you two on Sunday.

@marktina9767 Oh, what a beautiful boy he is! I am so sorry that he's sick, but what a lucky dog to have chosen you. Virtual hugs to you and your family -- I pray that Blitz' Best Day Ever brings you much comfort and happy memories.

@marktina9767 I am so sorry for your loss. Give him love for me. I have a 14 year old Belgian and she is my baby. She’s sprawled out on the couch right now snoozing.

I hope his last day is fantastic.

@marktina9767 He’s an absolute angel and so precious. I’m so sorry you’re having to put him to sleep, but know it’s for the best. You were a savior to him and (if you’re planning to) your face will be the last thing he sees. I’m sure he loves you very much ❤️

@marktina9767 I’m so very sorry. 😣. You have been a wonderful owner/friend. For that you can hold your head up high. You will see Blitz again. I firmly believe that and I hope you do too.

@marktina9767 You’ve done well by him, and he’s done well by you. It’s so sad that they go so early, but they live life so fully, I guess they just get it all done faster than we do. God speed Blitz ❤️

@marktina9767 “Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to “death”, don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but won’t be around forever and must.Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say:” No, no, not a good idea. Let’s not go for a walk.” Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that’s what dogs are. They walk.It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone (exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don’t teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging it’s tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: “Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place.”When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it’s a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.But don’t get fooled. They are not “dead.” There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You’ve missed so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now

Note : I'm not the author of this.

@marktina9767 What a sweet, sweet boy. I'm so sorry things happened like this. Blitz knows how much you love him, and tomorrow will be the best day for him because he gets to spend it with you! I'm glad you got to be together so long. You guys are so lucky to have found each other. ❤️

@marktina9767 Have the best day ever tomorrow. I did a similar thing with my first dog (that I had as a grown-up at least). He was a beautiful English Pointer mix named Oliver. On his last day, we went out to his favorite park and played fetch and just snuggled all day. I gave him tons of treats and just before we left for the vet’s, let him eat all the cat’s food (the most forbidden of all treats). I don’t know if he noticed it was a special day- it was the one time I wished he had known what was going to happen. I wanted him to know that I was trying to show him how much we loved him. I wished he had known the significance of me trying to say goodbye. But on the other hand- what a blessing. He just thought he was having the best day ever and had no idea it was his last.

It’s both terrible and wonderful. Try to savor it as much as you can. Take lots of videos- I really loved having the videos of Oliver living it up on his last day. The videos are much more special than a photo. Say all the things you think about him out loud. He won’t understand every word, but he’ll get the gist. Thank him for everything he did for you.

I wish you strength and courage. You’ve been a good friend to him.

Back