[RIP] Blitz, Belgium Malinois, 9

@marktina9767 You are the best! I hope all of you enjoy your last days together. As bittersweet as it is, your dog deserves it for all he has done for you and all you have done for him. It is so tough to say goodbye, but I think it is our duty to bear this pain for the amazing gift they give us.

@marktina9767 Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. Jesus pets and grooms them, and the children of Heaven run and play with them without either growing tired. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

@marktina9767 I know it might be hard, but I’d like to dedicate you and your precious boy (you can do it too!) TWRP’s “Pets”. I hope you love it. He’s going to Heaven. I don’t believe in it for us, but man... pets sure deserve it! He’ll be playing with my good boy Pimienta up in there. Lots of love for you two. ♥️

@marktina9767 They say that a dog is a small part of your world, but you are their whole world. They treat us just like that. Most of us don’t deserve it. You are fortunate to have had the time together... I am truly happy for you.

Making that decision for my Stella was the hardest thing I have ever done. I feel your pain, friend.

Stay strong is such a cliché, but it is apt...

@marktina9767 I’m so happy for all Blitz has done for you. And in return, you have him an amazing life. I’m so sorry you have to put him down. Cancer is a bitch. Give him a kiss and a thank you for me will you? ❤️

@marktina9767 Your joy in talking about Blitz is apparent and appreciated. This is probably one of the most upbeat RIP posts I have read and that’s a very good thing.

It tells me you have loved every day with Blitz like it was your last, it tells me that you have spent everyday giving him the best life that a dog can imagine.

I wish you a thousand kisses and cuddles over the weekend. Thank you for loving Blitz and I am sending love and healing to you and your wife’s hearts.

@marktina9767 Steak & bacon! Feed him all he wants. I got my girl a porterhouse steak and thick cut bacon. She thought she was in heaven. Have a wonderful last best day ever with him.

@marktina9767 I know its difficult because I had to do it with my childhood dog but if possible be there for him at the very end, they look for you, dont leave him alone with a stranger as his last memory, you're his best friend too and he'll want you by his side.

@marktina9767 Stay strong! Blitz sure was an awesome dog, it’s sad he had such a short life. I’m sayin’ this to myself all the time: Don’t cry, because it’s over, smile, because it happened! I hope y’all will enjoy those last moments!

Back