[fluff] My little rescue dog came to cuddle with me for the first time today!

@jeanbaptized Have you shopped for a puppy lately? The good ones get snapped like [ snaps fingers ] that.

My first two Dachshunds were ready to go upon my arrival at the breeder. They weren't advertised until they were six weeks, and had had the initial round of inoculations. That was 18 and 33 years ago. It doesn't work that way anymore, I am sad to say.

I was hoping to find a Dachshund puppy, but so often they're spoken for before they're even whelped. And they're asking north of $1,500 for a puppy. More for a female. Still, the market bears it so who am I to question a price. You can't haggle.

I am getting a Cockapoo female. I am dealing with a reputable breeder who came recommended. They are also a high-demand breed, as they don't shed and are hypo-allergenic. (I don't care about either attribute, I just know they're great dogs with very few genetic weaknesses.)

So basically, supply and demand, I guess. I wanted pick of the litter, and I think I did well. Meet Wink.

She was born on my Aunt's birthday, and I will pick her up on my Mom's birthday. (Both of these ladies are deceased for a while.)

The numbers worked for me.

Some breeders of highfalutin AKC dogs have waiting lists on bitches that aren't even impregnated yet. It's crazy.

Hope this satisfied your query.

@jeanbaptized My dogs have all come from shelters. Also DSW, while the biggest shoe game, wasn’t (and still isn’t...)always the best fit for my feet. My dog came from a small shelter in the same county, she was abandoned in a nearby city for two weeks. This was pre-internet, so you had to go to each place. I’m a huge proponent of adopt not shop.

Just connecting the dsw shoe app.