[fluff] does anyone else's dog like watching t.v.?

@x1extreme1x My toy poodle loves to look through the Dodo on my phone. He also loves tv. He even plays on the IPad. It's called game for dogs where he swipes at squirrels passing on the screen. It's the most expensive dog toy but it can keep him preoccupied for hours.

@brojavan My toy poodles don’t seem to care for TV. Do you have a very high resolution screen? I always thought the frame rate was to slow for them to see what’s happening.

@wooboy You are so lucky. I have a HD screen. I can't even watch tv anymore with the dog around. I have now started watch Netflix only on my phone while sitting on a couch that is in front of a tv lol. No matter what we try he can't seem to get passed it. As soon as he sees a person or an animal or even just words he loses his mind. I even bring him to the tv to smell it and his heart just starts racing and he gets even more scared. It sucks.

@x1extreme1x Dog watches TV intently and hates most of it. We pretty much can't watch TV with him around. Old tube TVs, HD TVs it doesn't matter: he sees them all.

Here is a not inclusive list of the things he hates on the TV and will bark at incessantly: animals of any type, dogs and horses especially, 3D animated characters, people physically fighting or arguing animatedly, certain sounds like the Jeopardy daily double or out of time sound (I shit you not). Also, guns being fired, jump scares and even just music swells leading to a tense moment.

Any time any TV is on he stares at it waiting for moments like these to occur.

I really need to post a video, it's absolutely nuts.

@x1extreme1x I've read that this is more of a phenomena with the newer flat screen tvs. With the old crt tvs it would look like flashing lights to them. My brothers dog loves watching other dogs on tv

@x1extreme1x Mine does occasionally. Nature documentaries, andYouTube videos of other dogs are worthy of occasional viewing. He'll watch Napoleon Dynamite from start to finish every time though. I'm not sure why he loves it so much, but I'm not complaining.