[Fluff] Does your country have dog naming "rules"?

@imagebeastmarkbeast I grew up with a bunch of kids with hippy names in California in the 70s. Almost every single one changed their name to something boring, or the normal nickname they always used, by the time they were 21.

@moej In the UK, the Kennel club have names that always start with a K, and change every year.
2020 was Kenxtwen, and require 2 names that follow.

Our girl is Kenxtwen Dusted Cocoa.

Kiwi to her friends.

@moej In the Philippines — not sure if this was recent cos our first pedigree litter many years ago didn’t need to follow this rule (iirc) — all the names of the puppies of one litter must start with the letter that the breeder can assign.

@moej So what happens if you don't do it?

Or is it like in the Asimov's Robot trilogy and they just tack the letter onto the front, like R. Daneel Olivaw?

Like naming your dog "S-This is A Fucking Moronic Rule Rover" and calling him Baxter. Or S-Baxter, I suppose.

@guaguar
Like naming your dog "S-This is A Fucking Moronic Rule Rover" and calling him Baxter. Or S-Baxter, I suppose.

Yeah pretty much.

Like there's a L'Shizuka and a L'Sora in the register under the letter L (both Akita Inu), a N'Zouka and a J'Yago (Bergers de Beauce)...

@moej Afaik, breeders in Germany name their litters in alpha betical order. My pup is from an E-litter. So the breeder named him Egon and his siblings Emil, Elsa, and Erik. The breeder and your chosen name are listed on the dog's certificate, if it is a pedigree / pure bred dog. In our case it is Egon-Sam.

@skunkbig Adding to this, some breeders choose an adjective with the 'right' letter for the litter and let the future owners choose the name of the dog. 'Amazing (dog's name) of (kennel name)' would be the official name on any papers.