[fluff] does anyone else's dog like watching t.v.?

x1extreme1x

I discovered a few weeks ago that my dog will stare at a t.v. intently for up to an hour when I was watching 102 dalmations and she was really into it, so I've been testing it. She really prefers cartoons, especially if the cartoons have dogs in it ( pup patrol is a favorite, shes actually watching it now), but she also likes cooking shows and tennis games. she even will quietly ruff at scenes where something bad is happening.

anyone know if she actually is getting any story? does she just enjoy the color? should I not let her watch?

@x1extreme1x Yes! And he has favourite shows too...it is the craziest thing ever. I honestly thought over people were joking/exaggerating when they said their dogs watched TV. My dog absolutely loves Planet Earth (not really a surprise, I guess?) He will sit down with me and watch the entire thing. He also sometimes jumps up and follows the screen if there's a chase scene or small animals running, like squirrels. He also seems to enjoy Spongebob and Stranger Things more than other TV shows!

@username12345 My dog totally has her favorites. She gets really concerned when the ASPCA commercials come on. She whines and looks over at me "why aren't you helping them?" I have to assure her that the puppies will be okay.

She loves the Shelter Pet Project ads, especially the 3-legged Pittie. He's missing the same leg that she is.

Otherwise her favorites are old B&W westerns like Gunsmoke, Maverick, or Have Gun Will Travel, since she's fascinated by horses.

@username12345 My dog likes nature documentaries too, except when there's elephants, which seem to freak him out. He'll watch along with basically anything I watch but he consistently barks at elephants. He's a bit odd.

@simongrow250 My poodle is deathly afraid of the garbage. Like when I lift it out of the pail to take it out , she barks at it or starts backing away with a terrified look on her face. Like it’s going to attack her. Lol. Poor thing. Lol.

@floridaman1 I don't blame her! It looks like the dog equivalent of pulling a rabbit out of a hat - magic! Evil magic! This big round smelly creature you're holding while it rattles and hisses! I can see why lol

@x1extreme1x Comcast has a channel called Dog tv and my dog loves it.
He knows the music and will almost skip around the room until he builds his blanket nest to watch

@x1extreme1x If a dog was on the tv screen, my old retriever would be on his feet, barking aggressively at it. If a dog was coming up to sniff him on the street or in a park, he'd immediately submit to it. I guess he liked to play the tough guy.