Does anyone know if Alpo Variety Snaps Dog Treats have been discontinued??

@cleanup77 They are pretty easy. Often I'll break them in half and hand them out. They can crumble a bit. Which is good for my smallest, a rat terrier that also gains weight. I'll break it in pieces and put it in her bowl as a treat. Just keep the bag sealed since they can harden a little bit over time is left open.

@animated201 I've seen both..distribution problems and that they've been discontinued. When I ask Google if they're discontinued the first answer that pops up is YES, Purina says they've been discontinued.. we can all hope it's just a distribution problem but for now we all have to find a suitable substitute.

@animated201 this is weird. they were always selling out at ever store I shopped at. I'd buy up to 3 of the largest bags myself to keep them handy for my 4 who all love them. they are perfect when you got dogs of different sizes. 20, 60, 70 and 110 lbs! That's my 4.

@kyl300 I was told by Purina that they were discontinued due to poor sales. That's bs because they would always be sold out at the 4 stores I looked for them! Target, Walmart, commissary and Family Dollar.

@kyl300 i’m in a dollar general right now and they have them stocked with no clearance tags or anything. i’d check in store and on the dollar general website you might find something.

@kyl300 I know they're not the best dog treats around, but they're perfect for putting a few drops of CBD oil on for my old guys. I'm now on a search for a box of these, or a decent replacement.

@kyl300 We have two senior puppers. The Snaps were usually their potty treats. The small Milk bones have replaced the Snaps. Fortunately, my puppers like Blue Health bars and the bacon sizzlers, Purina busy bones.

Recently, I have found the Milk-bone stacked product. Reasonably priced (not as inexpensive as Snaps) and the puppers like them. They're kinda like a small cookie. Good luck OP.

@kyl300 Talked to Purina and Variety Snaps have been discontinued as of January 2023. Claimed that sales were down? If anyone has another option to a similar product please let me know.

@kyl300 Yes. According to Purina, they have been discontinued due to lack of sales. A lot of bull if you ask me because I work in a store where they were always sold out. Same thing with all the other stories in my area. Usually always sold out. I have started a petition drive to bring them back. About 50 supporters as of this writing.

https://chng.it/dqwrdNzcd4

@kyl300 Alpo discontinued this product because they claim that sales have taken a slump. That’s complete bullsh$& as I work in a store where they were always sold out. Same thing with all other stores in my area. I started a petition drive you can sign here. This is my dogs favorite treat. Or was until Alpo discontinued.

@kyl300 I am a new Reddit user who doesn’t exactly know how to get a post started, but I would begin it with the fact that Purina discontinued this product and ask everyone to protest them by either calling or writing them and flooding their voicemail with pleas to bring them back because they were my dog’s favorite treats. It looks like this is the case with many other users here who have dogs who think the same. Call or write Purina and protest. Fill their voicemail and inbox up. And sign this petition.