What do doodle owners mean when they say to not look their doodle too poodle-y?

@daniel001 I don't say that as a doodle owner. I like a fuzzy face, doughnut snout and a mohawk on top. Ears flat and following the ear leather.

Not clean feet. But shaved between the toes because there's not enough cheese in the world.

Lion tail. Groomer's choice on length. And body, really. Hope for longer clipper cut in winter.

And please please please no cologne

@braininvat There really is no standard terminology for this haircut, it’s simply your preference for your dog’s look. As long as you use specific words, lengths, and body parts, the groomer should understand. You can always show a new groomer photos of your pet after he was freshly groomed, take the photos from lots of angles.

@braininvat If someone asked me for this haircut I’d die happy, lol! The only thing I’d change is you can just say ‘ears to leather’. I would write in my notes (length) body, lion tail, shave between toes. Mohawk, donut snout, ears to leather. Then the no cologne would go in the alerts lol

@daniel001 If someone says that to me, usually I’ll ask them if they want me to mist the dogs hair, scrunch it back up and let them dry under a cool fan for a few minutes when the groom is over because that returns some is the scruff and curl back to the coat.

Sometimes it means they want more of a beard left.

You unfortunately have to probe people for answers because each person is going to mean something different.

Back