I think the doodle bubble has burst

@uga1785 Frenchies are genetic abominations haha, and I would argue this is true for most all brachycephalic breeds. Poorly bred renditions of any breed to not meet standards, and this can be said concerning IVDD in cockers and dachshunds.

The problem with mixed breeds, again, is that there are no health testing and standards that can be reliable because combining genetics from one breed to another throws the concern for latency and gene expression on things not tested for in standardized testing.

@mechawingzero Well maybe people should stop ranting and raving about pits, especially since it’s extremely hard to rent a place with a pit. I’ve never understood advocating for them, aggression aside. If you don’t own your own home it’s almost guaranteed that they’ll be rehomed when inevitably they move, especially if they have children as well, or other pets. The pit will be the first to go.

@sholley1978 I’ve been renting for over a decade and fostering pits. It’s hard and I put a lot of effort into finding safe rentals but it’s 100% doable. They’re part of the family for responsible dog owners. Renters and families that are moving rehome every breed all of the time, I don’t think it is a pit only issue.

@pensfan It’s not 100% doable when housing is barely affordable or findable for a lot of people without a dog, let alone with one, let alone with one that’s banned by insurance companies that people are constantly in fear of report. Yeah rehoming dogs is an issue but obviously rehoming pits is a bigger issue as 90% of dogs in shelters are pits.

@blesssing Understandably. Pits should take a special license to own imo. If peoples go to cop out for their behaviors is that it’s bad owners’ fault, fine then. Let’s get the licenses with background checks and yearly-bi annual check ups. I don’t mind a little government intervention in that case, if it saves people’s and others animal’s lives, plus eliminates this insurance/housing prejudice problem.

@gd3001 Not yet here, unfortunately. Every time we have a client get a new puppy it seems to be a doodle. Especially frustrating when they're older people or their other dog is a small, old toy breed that definitely won't be on board with that energy.

Back