Lost my 7 y/o baby unexpectedly

@christian6000 thank you so, so much. i volunteer at an animal shelter and thought i’d be okay seeing all of the dogs there.. unfortunately i think my pain is still a little too raw. but, i do think my baby will make it easier to love more creatures in the future. he taught me how powerful and unconditional love can be.

@seang I know this gut wrenching pain all to well. It will always been there but you will get used to it, but those tears will return. Take your time moving forward and don’t feel like you need to replace him, because each dog is just like a human and are individual. Please don’t give up on the love a dog or other pet gives since it sounds like you are an amazing owner and there are so many animals looking for someone to love back.

@metraclarke thank you endlessly for your sincere and kind words. i agree. i really do see myself giving the same love and heart to another animal in the future, albeit in some time. he’s always with me, just in a different form now. the love he’s taught me will only extend further now. 💛

@seang Grief is hard, but it gets better with time. I also lost my soul dog a month ago and some days are harder than others but I think someday I’ll be able to think about him without being sad

@seang In the realm of love and loyalty,
A bond formed for eternity,
There lived a dog, a cherished friend,
Whose presence, a love without an end.

With paws that danced in joyful glee,
A soulmate to the family,
A German Shepherd, strong and true,
His spirit bright, his heart imbued.

He thrived in health, his spirit gleamed,
Though years passed by, he always seemed,
Much younger than his age would show,
Radiant youth, a vibrant glow.

Through streets and parks, they'd walk as one,
And strangers marveled at the sun,
That shone within this wondrous hound,
As if eternal youth he'd found.

He welcomed people, dogs, and babes,
Guiding puppies through life's first escapades,
A mentor, teacher, patient guide,
Nurturing them with love inside.

Within their hearts, he held a place,
A treasured baby, full of grace,
From dawn to dusk, a constant light,
A beacon through both day and night.

Now morning comes with an empty ache,
His presence gone, his love they'll take,
Remembering every cherished sound,
His groans, his kisses, all around.

Their home echoes with his absence near,
As they wash his bowls, wipe away a tear,
Brushing his teeth with a bittersweet sigh,
Recalling moments that will never die.

His favorite spot, behind his ears,
Whispers of love, calming fears,
His playful antics, forever missed,
The joy he brought cannot be dismissed.

They long to see him waiting there,
As they return with love to share,
Tripping on balls strewn 'cross the floor,
His spirit lingering forevermore.

The kitchen stove light left aglow,
A reminder of a love that won't let go,
For though he's gone, he'll always be,
Their faithful dog, in memory.

So let us honor this loyal friend,
Whose love and spirit will never end,
In the tapestry of their lives, he weaves,
Forever cherished, the one who leaves.

@bkchristian this is the sweetest, most precious thing i have ever read. what a gift. really. this makes my heart ache with how beautiful and sweet it is. thank you so, so, so much. i don’t know how to express my deep gratitude to you. thank you. you perfectly encapsulated my baby’s life and the way everyone felt and feels about him. thank you times a billion. i love this. 🌈💛

@seang He definitely knows and loves you so much too. Love is the most powerful force in the universe…you’ll find your way back to each other in another form, in another life. His soul may even come back to you in this life, in another doggy. 🥰🙌
Ask him to visit you in your dreams and for you to remember. Very synchronistic with the 7s!! ❤️‍🩹♥️🐶

@irishdom i had a dream the other night of the most mundane evening, playing with him, washing the dishes, like we always did on the two steps down the kitchen. those are some of my favorite memories and he knows it. 🩷💛

@baudilaire i keep smelling him, seeing him, seeing 7’s…!!! it’s crazy. thank you for your reassuring words. i truly think he’s my soulmate and he’s taught me so much about love and life. it’s like he wrote me a contract— endless love and laughs and joy, with the caveat of having to pass eventually. finding peace in his memory has helped so much. thank you.

Back