Groomed 4 doodle-whatever yesterday and then 4 today!

edenworkshops

And of course the owners get pissed because they have to be shaved! It's like grooming a very testy wooly mammoth that bites and screams.

@edenworkshops This is why if I ever go on my own I am not taking doodles and if I do they start HIGH. I’m sure this is a strong opinion but doodles and owners (mostly owners, not the dogs fault) have ruined grooming. Every experience I have with them gets worse and worse. And theirs more and more every god damn year.

@edenworkshops My very first day grooming alone and no longer apprenticing under another manager, I had 3 doodles in 1 afternoon 🥲. One of them, while surprisingly well behaved, was almost a year and a half old and never professionally groomed before. Mom was disappointed when I, in fact, could not leave him at 1". She was friendly, but she honestly had zero clue about anything grooming related, or dog related really in general, and seemed a bit skeptical of what I was telling her but too polite to argue. His ears had to go completely bye bye too.

The next doodle was my first ever "don't poodle my doodle" client and I wanted to actually backhand her with how clearly elitist she felt having an overpriced mutt. She also was, in a disgusted tone, telling me how often people think her dog is a poodle and she has to correct them. The coat was in decent condition, but the dog went crazy if she saw someone so I'd have to wait until they left the room.

@thegiant That's hilariously obnoxious. I have a poodle puppy (in poodle puppy clip, shaved face and feet) and literally 90% of strangers he meets ask "what is he mixed with?" so I'm calling total BS on her claim that people are thinking that her damp-goatee mutt is a poodle XD

@cement Her doodle may have been like 75% poodle, because it actually did just look like an oddly sized, poorly bred poodle. The coat was very poodle-like. She was new to us because she was so mad her last groomer "made her look like a poodle" (gave her a clean face). She conveniently did not disclose why her dog got a clean face, but I imagine it was due to matting since the head and ears were almost too matted for me to consider humane to brush and save.

@thegiant People are so weird. I have a hound mutt and if people say he looks kinda beagle-ish I’m just like yeah he does! There’s nothing special about a mutt, it’s going to look like whatever breeds are mixed up in there in one way or another. Doodle greeders have created some really weird dog owners.

@thegiant No damn way they think it's a poodle unless it's got a whole LOT of poodle %! I have a standard poodle with a clean poodle face and feet, pom tail and a huge 6-7" topknot and people are so confused when I tell them what she is. Most of the time it seems like they have no clue poodles are part of the doodle. Like wth do you think the damn oodle part comes from?! I usually get "I didn't know they could be that big!" or "Are you sure? She's SOME sort of doodle right?" Often they're disappointed and my pretty girl loses some sort of status for being "only a poodle". Probably because she didn't cost 5k and isn't "hypoallergenic" like their doodle 🤣 Bizarre.

Back