Do I ask my dog’s previous owner about my dog’s past?

I got my dog from a rehoming group on Facebook when she was 10 months old. She is now 2. I used to be in contact with her previous owner on FB messenger, but have not contacted her in a while. I asked her before if she had pictures of my dog as a puppy, but she said she did not have any. I only remember seeing a small pixelated image of my dog as a puppy on a vet statement that her previous owner sent. I am curious about where my dog came from because I find it odd that her previous owner doesn’t have pictures of her as a puppy. I’m wondering she was found or had multiple owners before me. Is it weird if I ask this question now since I’ve had my dog for a while and haven’t contacted the previous owner in a while? My family is also wondering about my dog’s past experiences since she is such an amazing dog.

@disciplehusbanddad What's the downside to asking ? At worst, they don't answer you ! I would want to know as much as possible too. And how cute would it be to be able to find pictures of your dog as a puppy ! I miss it from my rescue too

@mraaron Thank you for being supportive! I posted this in another discussion and am getting downvoted. People think I’d be harassing her previous owner. It’s normal to be curious if you love your pet so much. I just want to know more about her and see why she is the way she is.