Our guidance to House Visitors with our reactive dog. Yes we ask them to read before they come in

@romans82 This is how we had to introduce our dog for years to people! I still do it to be safe but now she just walks up to people and starts loving up on them. She used to charge at people. Has only tried to bite one friend but they are now best friends. We’re very lucky all of our friends we’re understanding and followed the rules!

@romans82 I text everyone our rules when they pull into the driveway. People generally do well with rules they can read. But we still run into the friend who thinks he’ll like them. No he won’t. He’ll act friendly until he’s close enough to lunge for your face.

Head straight to the living room.

Don’t take off your shoes.

Don’t look in his direction.

Don’t talk to him.

If you see him we’ve done something wrong. If he gets near you do not offer your hand for him to sniff. Cross your arms across your chest and turn your back to him.

@romans82 I really hope your guests are willing to do that. My boyfriend's old boss always ignored our requests and encouraged our dog to jump on him while we were training him. Infuriating. You sound like great parents!