My dog ate 7 grapes

@menon She’s doing great! Induced vomiting per vet’s instruction and when I arrived she was still doing good. It has been about 9 hours now since she ate them. Vitals are good as always and we’ll continue to monitor.

@marissa90 Super toxic to some, snack to others. A friend of mine had wine yard and his dogs gorged on the leftover grapes, nothing happened. You did right takin her to vet though, you never know...

@marissa90 My dog once ate a half loaf with rasins in it.i figured there must have been 35 raisins at least in the amount he ate and he was fine. Yes I was freaking out and he was a little gassy but that was all and he is 75 pounds. I remember googling how many grapes would kill my dog based off his weight. It's scary but now you have learned the lesson to not leave things out that you don't want your dog to get into.
Glad your dog is okay though.

@littlelostmouse Oof that’s scary, glad your dog was fine. It was actually my son who left it out, the crazy part is that I have a basket with a lid specifically so that my dog (or cats) can’t get into it, and my son, well, he did not utilize it. Left it wide open. He’s 7 though, so he deserves some grace lol.

@marissa90 Sorry you went through this and I really hope your pup is OK now. I’d suggest learning how to dose hydrogen peroxide for the future so whenever they eat something really bad you can just have them yack it up in a jiffy without waiting. I’ve had to use it 2-3 times over my Lab’s life due to chocolate or other toxic stuff and it’s been very handy. Always talk with a vet about anything though as well of course. I’ve used 1 teaspoon of the 3% solution per 5 pounds of dog up to 3 tablespoons max mixed in with a little ice cream. Takes them about 30-45 minutes to finish passing it all back up.

Back