My 19 lb dog ate about 3/4 a 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar??

She probably ate it from 2-7AM. It was 1:40PM when I found out. My brother took her out earlier to the beach, no vomiting so far. She's acting normal which is why I didn't pick up on it until I looked for my chocolate. Planning to call Pet Poison Control, wondering if she's ok!!!! Thank you.

EDIT: She was ok, she didn't react whatsoever. Happened one more time as well with 4 ounces. I also remember looking up different cases similar to this. Dr Scott Nimmo, who has been a vet for 30 years, made an interesting point how dogs can eat 0.3 ounces of dark chocolate per pound before actually showing mild symptoms. More intense symptoms occur with the ratio of 1 ounce per pound. The info rings true for my dog, as she ate 2.5-4 ounces of chocolate with no side effects (no vomiting/shakes/diarrhea). Of course, I'll still be on the lookout, but this is a good fact to know in case it happens to you. Here's a link for one of the situations:

https://www.justanswer.com/dog-health/jaarf-35-lb-dog-ate-3-4-lb-dark-chocolate-threw-times.html.

Back