I think I've made a terrible mistake :(

@foribiddenpotato He’s still doing well - he gets extra couch snuggle time during the day when I watch tv, and a more comfy dog bed for night as he gets older. I’m not sure that he misses it that much, but I certainly do when I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t scratch his head.

@ryani03 I’ve tried that, but he hates the ramps and steps. He can still get up to the couch though, so we exchange the night cuddles for tv time cuddles, and he seems content with that. Plus we got him an enormous dog palace bed of memory foam for him to sleep on at night, which I think is probably better for him.

@jrbauco21 My girl, 7, can’t jump in bed anymore either because of HD, it really sucks. OP enjoy the bed sharing, they are the best foot warmers lol! Congrats on the adoption though!!!!

@jrbauco21 Try wuffes if you're using join supplements. It's the only one that worked with my dogs joint issues, and she can jump on my bed again after almost a year of needing to be carried up my stairs halfway through.

@jrbauco21 We literally bought a brand new bed frame to ensure it’s low to the ground we had it custom made so our baby can come up because our last one is to high and it was painful to see

@jrbauco21 Agreed.

Eventually, we just took off the frame and put the mattress and box springs on the floor.

I swear he gave us a look of gratitude the first time he could climb onto the bed after not being able to do it for a couple of months.

Even then, with his DM, he won't be able to do it forever.