I lost my best friend today

@bluejay57 I’m sorry for your loss. I know these words don’t mean much, but I think the best remedy is trying to remember all of the love you gave him.

@bluejay57 I feel you. I lost my best friend August 20, 2017. She was a 60 pound shepherd mix. Still not over it. But my new cattle dog is helping the healing. Took me a long time to commit to a new pooch. I mean the last time I had a dog was when I was walking out of the exam room at the vet and looked back at her perfectly still on the stainless steel table, eyes closed. It was very hard to bring a new dog into my life because it’s going to end the exact same way. But I recommend you get another one ASAP and don’t wait like I did. It helps a LOT. I was mopey and depressed all the time. I still miss her every day but it isn’t as catastrophic once you get another friend to be by your side at home.

@bluejay57 I’m so sorry for your loss but please don’t let your heart break stop you from getting another best friend. It took me 5 years after my girl passed away(18 years old) to finally feel ready for another.... I didn’t realize how bad my mental health had fallen in those 5 years till I had my new pup. Just remember no one and nothing will ever replace your boy but at the same time he would rather you be throwing a ball and playing with the water with another friend then sitting around missing him.

Take time to morn. You lost a family member. But don’t let it make who you become.

Back