“Wake up before your dog, it’ll help them sleep in longer” yeah thanks now he wakes up at 4:45am

@libra111 No real suggestions here, but at about 18 months we noticed our dog suddenly sleeping in in the mornings. She was up before our alarms then just... stopped doing it and now she gets up when we do, goes out, and goes back to sleep for a few hours. I never thought it would happen to be honest, I figured she was just an early riser, but time was the only thing that changed.

@libra111 Give him something he can do independently. Sounds like he depends on you a lot to have fun.

Stock up on different puzzle toys, kongs or other stuffable toys, and snuffle mats. Prepare them the night before and then put one out for him after he comes in from his first pee.
Puzzle toys and snuffle mats are great for hiding high value treats. Kongs and other rubber stuffable toys are great for freezing things like peanut butter, pumpkin puree, goats milk, plain yogurt, or whatever your dog enjoys.
Make sure to switch up the toys frequently so he doesn't get bored of them.

I really hope that helps. Not being able to get proper sleep makes everything so much harder.

@libra111 Make sure your dog is not hungry, poops and pees before going to bed, dim the lights preparing the atmosphere for sleep, no excessive play before bed, have some rain sounds or wind noise playing throughout the night. Melatonin 30min before bed time, adjust for your dog's age and weight. (Consult the vet beforehand)

The dog is well rested, sleeps through the night, you are rested and the overall relationship improves. Worked out for me.