Trash can to trap fur clumps when grooming indoors

dragonskorn

This may be a silly question, but I'm so frustrated, lol! I groom rabbits (so brush only, no clippers), and their fur comes off easily in loose fluffy clumps that float all over the place. Normally I just groom outside where the floating fur can blow away. But I recently got a lovely little long-haired bun that needs daily grooming instead of every 2-3 months. I would rather do short grooming sessions in front of the TV instead of in the rainy yard 🤣. But, when I pluck those fur clumps off the brush and throw them in the trash, they just float right back up out of the can and go all over the place, even with a lid. I already sit by the air filter, but that can't catch everything.

Is there some kind of a trash can that has a fur trap, so I can stick the fur clumps inside and they can't float back up again? I know it's a silly question, but I've been wracking my brain trying to think of a solution and I'm coming up empty!

Edit: not my video but this is the same brushes etc that I use, observe the floating mountain of floof!

@dragonskorn Hey! I used to have English angoras and jersey woolies and groomed inside... Spray bottle is the answer. Just a little mist on hair on your hand then put it in the trash, or bin it and mist the bin.

@shikyo792 OH! I never thought to just mist the bin! Lol, now I feel kind of like an idiot! I just got a little black lionhead, after owning netherland dwarf and mini rex for years aka almost no grooming ever. I know lions aren't as bad as angora (it's not a true wool), but I think I'm still a little shell shocked with the grooming 😄 Thanks a bunch!

Back