What happens if you mix a breed with fur and a breed with hair?

@crs_7 Not a groomer or professional, but my boyfriend’s family has a poodle x St. Bernard mix. It has the curls of a poodle with the thick texture of a St. Bernard. Its coat is such a mess 🥴

@crs_7 That’s what 99% of doodles are. The hair is different on every individual. Some are more poodly. Some are more like the other breed. Most are just a difficult texture that sheds a lot and is super prone to matting.

@crs_7 Mixed breeds are wild no matter, the hair/fur issue definitely doesn’t help. My boy is a corgi/westie mix and he has lovely soft hair on his head and neck and legs and wirey terrier hair everywhere else. It’s bizarre to say the least

@crs_7 Not a pro, but a pretty good home groomer-
I have a poodle mix (poodle, cocker, Pom accd to her dna test) that doesn't shed at all...
THEN.... I have an adorable disaster of a poodle, chihuahua, rat terrier (dna test) that sheds like a mofo! She has a puff of poodle hair on her head, and the rest is a crazy downy undercoat and a hard wire outer coat that requires hand stripping. (pup tax)

@crs_7 Not a groomer but at a dog rescue I have volunteered at, we had some puppies come in from a backyard breeder. They were half cocker spaniel and half Chinese crested. It was an ….interesting look. They were always being mistaken for having been victims of a fire. Sweet dogs, but a very strange look.

@crs_7 Some times they are wirey but some times ohhhh sometimes you get the most thick unruly wavy coat thats long like hair but double
Or triple coated and sheds

@crs_7 I have a Pyrenees/APBT mix and grooming her is a nightmare. She has the coat texture of a pitty, but she’s also double coated. Bathing her takes hours to soak through the thick, nearly waterproof coat, and then even more hours to dry her well enough to avoid matting and hot-spots. Mixing fur textures is not fun to say the least lol

@deltagirl820 Just in case you’re not aware. A high velocity dryer can save you so much time! I dry my pry mix until he’s lightly damp and then let him air dry the rest of the way.

I ❤️ my dryer, it used to take 8-12 hours before.