PSA: If you think to yourself “doing x-activity would be a pain with a puppy”..

@gigilynn2 Great advice! My now 8 month old pup came to the pub with me last night and just chilled for 4 hours! Something that really helped was standing outside the post office/corner shop every few days and Asking him to hold a ‘lay down’ for extended periods of times. Such a busy area, loads of cars, dogs and people. Worked a treat!

@roseen Yes!! Amazing to hear. Whenever we are on walks I make him “sit and wait” at every road crossing even if we aren’t crossing there. I have progressively made him wait longer and longer and it’s been a great routine. Now I just have to say “You know what to do” and he plops down at every corner! So glad you’ve had success! Having my pup at a brewery with me was a dream and so far it’s been exactly what I hoped for!

@gigilynn2 That’s brilliant! I think we may start having our 17 week old do that as well! We always make her sit and wait politely for her food to be set down and she knows “stay”. So I think we can incorporate this pretty well into walks! She doesn’t listen the best when out though... always more to work on!

@ayraragi Lots of treats but they will catch on I’m sure! It’s a great way to incorporate some easy training while also on a walk. It’s a pretty simple command for most and it’s a good way to practice “eyes on me.” Plus who doesn’t love a cute puppy sitting politely to cross the road!

@gigilynn2 Such good advice! I've been taking my pup out on our boat (small boat) to drop and pull crab traps since she was about 4 months old. We let her hang around on it a few times and get used to her life jacket, but then one day we just decided that she's going to have to get used to it! I wouldn't say she loves it yet, and it is totally a pain, but it won't always be.