Please stop sending your puppies to doggie daycare w/ the expectation that they’re going to receive training while there

@asmit421 Ok, well enrichment & socialization are basic tenets of any reputable daycare; and they are entirely diff from training. I’m aware that there are facilities that offer all three; but there are also many that don’t (including mine). And for a dog owner to get upset w/ their facility for not providing something that A) they never advertised, and B) the owner in question never asked about; but just took for granted would be included; is not the fault of the facility. If an owner wants obedience training then they should do their research beforehand- like that just seems to be the bare minimum, to me.

@heartfire I didn't say it's the facilities fault. I'm saying if your customers have unfounded expectations understanding how those expectations may arise is an important step in being able to appropriately manage them

@asmit421 You seem to be under the impression that I own this business. I don’t. I’m a manager; not an owner; I have absolutely zero control over things like web presence, advertising, public relations, etc, etc. I make the schedule & organize the playgroups. Tho- for the record- our website does clearly state that we do not offer training; as well as clearly stating which kinds of dogs are generally suited for daycare; and which are not. It also details the potential consequences of daycare for the dogs who are not well-suited; in particular young puppies who haven’t been properly trained/ socialized. We also lay this all out the owners during their dogs behavior evals (which they have to pass in order to enroll in the first place).

So once again- I’m gonna go ahead & say there’s nothing more I can do. Idk if you work in the customer service industry; but there’s always gonna be confidently incorrect ppl demanding something from you that you’ve told them is unavailable to them. And then demonizing you for (surprise, surprise!) not being able to give them what they want. Again, ppl are uneducated & entitled. It’s not my job to try and change them. In fact; that’s one of the main reasons I chose to work with mainly dogs instead of people, in the first place.