Knot Suggestion For Making A Rope Tie Out

carsoc

@carsoc Just make sure it's not something you leave outside all the time or else the rope will break because water and sun will cause it to disintegrate, then it will snap at the connection. (Happens with cable tie outs too it just takes a lot longer)

It's also bad for the tree, just for the record. (Even if it's not left there long enough to grow into the tree and kill it, it's an object that collects moisture and contributes to rot)

@urbanp When my dog was younger (like 5ish, he's 13 now) he would do it for comedic effect. Like once my ex didn't move the leash to the side of the yard he was working on and the dog chewed the rope to run over and be by his side (but it's not like in that era he would chew it every day, just for important things aka husky stuff / intelligent disobedience)

He also used to wrap it around things and call me to come get him unstuck, but if I stayed inside and watched through the window, he'd unwrap himself.

Also for context in that era he was on that long line because he couldn't be trusted unattended with chickens, so even though he was a chicken killer he wasn't chewing the rope to go get the chickens, it was literally only for jokes. Weird dog.