Had to have my 20yr old dog put down today.

@theunissa My sincere condolences on your loss. Your pup had an amazing lifespan. I hope you soon find joy in his memories.

Here is a poem that I like to read, when I am remembering the pets I have lost over the years. I'm 59 years old, so I have been through this grief a few times.

@theunissa 20 years!!! what an amazing life!! you were blessed. I'm sorry for your loss, it will be painful for a while - but don't forget how much you had to be grateful for. Shows how much your pup loved their life with you

@theunissa 20 years is really good man. Jack must have been one loved and well-cared for dog. Not many dogs are lucky to live such a long and fulfilled life like he did. It must be hard not being able to be there to say goodbye, but I hope you can take comfort in that it was only done to prevent more suffering, as well as 20 years of memories and loyalty from your best friend. Doing so was probably the kindest thing you could have done for him. And I’m sure he’s thankful for everything you did for him. Take care man 🙏🏼

@theunissa I am so sorry they didn't/couldn't wait for you to say goodbye. 20 years is a long time to love someone, and I'm very sorry for the pain you are in. He must have been one very lucky dog to have you as a human and to be taken such good care of for so long.

I lost my 14 year old six months ago and I'm still struggling.