Dog who ate rocks update

hillaryaya

From here.

Nugget is doing great! She came out of surgery just fine at 8pm thursday and by the next morning was ready to go, much to our joy and worry. She has somewhere between 40-50 staples in her stomach and will be kennel ridden for 2 weeks. She is not happy :p But that hasn't stopped her from still going everywhere with us as we got things to make her kennel more comfortable. She slept the whole time at least.

Today, I registered her name in the AKC as "Chicken Nugget Loves Rocks".

Puppy Tax

Thank you all for your kind words, and again, take care of those puppies!

@hillaryaya Found myself here as my guy is going through something similar, and they’re keeping him overnight. Grateful to see your happy mending. My guy has puked up or pooped out probably 15 rocks at this point, and x-rays reveal there’s still another 8 in there. Do you know how many rocks they removed with surgery for your pup?

@pja Being my pup ate gravel and not rocks, they believe it was somewhere in the 150 range

Edit : just from stomach. They left another hundred in her intestines. They had to remove the ones from her stomach due the the crowd leaving the theater effect on her stomach.

Back