Dog toy annihilators: how do y’all find a toy the won’t demolish

@mjones66 West Paw!

If he likes tug, the Bumi/Zogoflex is awesome. My friend says police German shepherds tug with it.

It has a ton of give to it.

The real answer is that you just try a bunch of stuff and see what works for your particular pup 😂

@mjones66 My dog loves shredding so I got her a Tearrible toy. This is not a toy you just give to the dog, this is a supervised toy. Basically we play tug with it and the limbs tear off and velcro back on. She really enjoys it but she would definitely destroy it if left unsupervised.

@mjones66 Learn to accept it! There's no such thing as an indestructible toy, and if there way, it would be very bad for their teeth. My dog will put holes in stuffed toys within minutes and then she pulls out the stuffing withe reckless glee. She's got a thing for undoing the knots in rope toys but then she chews on the strings and that can become a bowel obstruction. But, she loves playing tug-of-war so she's not allowed to have the rope toys unsupervised; I put them out of reach when we're done playing. Some dogs are just brutal on toys, and you can either accept that you're going to throwing that money away or don't buy toys. I look for the post-seasonal sales on the holiday toys and stock up.

Back