Crazy, dog-hating neighbors

palmsec

I seriously just wanted to vent a little. Has anyone dealt with neighbors in their apartment communities that absolutely hate dogs and act like complete children when simply passing by or being in the elevator with one? I live in a huge complex that literally states it is a dog friendly community in the title as well as on the website of the apartments. I have had two interactions now with different ppl who literally freak out and scare me as well as my dog when encountering them in the hallway/elevator. Just this morning I cussed someone out because she screamed bloody murder as me and my very docile dog were entering the elevator which startled both me and my dog. How do you guys deal with these f*cks? I get that ppl have phobias but why move to a dog friendly place when there are so many other options in the area that don’t have pet friendly apartments?

@palmsec I would just avoid them and quickly move on. Don’t get on elevators with them. If you have to communicate with them, keep your dog heeled and tell them to keep their voice low or the dog might get startled. Because of COVID I tend to do this by default in my apartment building.

Back