Looking for tips from other groomers who have dealt with Lagottos and their crazy owners…

@cicion OP in my area, groomers have reputations for specializing in a certain breed and we owners will line up, pay your breed specific fee, and schedule a year's worth of appointments because we value your skill and talent with our crazy breed and yes--we know we're crazy.

@rissasallwrite I just came across this article today! Thought it actually made sense since it seemed to be worded with groomers in mind. I wanted to try this on the next Lagotto I do. Glad to hear someone else has tested it! I have been telling all the owners to brush at home so I’ll have to go over the article with them. They won’t understand half of it but at least we’ll have a new strategy for dealing with their dogs coats.

What do you typically charge for those 4 week appointments? Reading the article, at first it seems labor-intensive before the bath but then once the dog is bathed you don’t really do anything to it, so I’m not sure how to charge for it or what the appointment time is going to look like. How much time do you usually spend on them before the bath?

@cicion i had a lagotto client come in, dog was absolutely pelted. dad refused to let me shave the dog because “the breed is supposed to have mats, it protects their skin from yeast”. super weird

@cicion Yeah, I have 2 clients as well! I did tons of research, and they are pretty much a 5F or 7F alllllll over. And no fluff drying. It’s fine and good, but it does go against our grooming instincts!