[Breeds] Owning a dog for the first time (City Dwellers)

@blessed4 pomeranians! they are loving, live long, generally very healthy and are super alert… no one will break into your house with out you knowing (they bark lol)

@blessed4 So hi dog trainer here. And dog groomer in training. Reading your answer of not wanting to take the dog to groomers too often already has me screaming don’t get the Bichon or Shitzhu. And reading your concern about health has me screaming do not get a Pug or ST. And reading this is your first dog has me slightly worried about Dachshund bc the stubbornness. Honestly, just from reading your whole post, if you’re not opposed to more dog breed recommendations, I would rec an Italian Greyhound (small, no grooming except clipping nails & ear cleanings), Whippet, Mini Pinscher, Basenji, and Beagle (but that might be too big? I wasn’t sure the exact weight limit of apartment renting). If you are honestly willing to bring the dog to groomers at least 1-2x/ month, then I would rec Bichons, Coton de Tulear, Yorkies, Maltese, & Havanese. Happy researching~