ACDs and hair

@baboo No lie - I’ve used her hair as body material to tie some trout flies. It works well! It’s oily enough to help dry flies float! But who needs 10 million trout flies…per year?

@momofthreeboys I’m not sure if your question was just rhetorical, but the undercoat is precisely because of the hot, dusty environment. It’s not like wearing a jacket for humans, it’s more like a protective layer against the sun, elements, rain, etc. You may notice when it rains that the rain appears to bead off the cattle dog, this is because of the undercoat.

@momofthreeboys My boy (5YO) is on constant blowout mode bc we live in NW FL. It’s 110 here now, and will be 80 degrees in December to January. Doesn’t truly get cold til about mid Jan to Feb. it’s exhausting. I’ve been reduced to vacuuming with my shop vac- and even that needs to be cleaned twice a week (thankgod for filters)

@momofthreeboys My Blue boy is all ACD, and sheds like crazy, 24/7. My red is half Red Heeler, half Irish Wolfhound. He is even worse.
I just tell people when they come to my place to be aware they WILL go home covered in hair.
Just recently renovated and deliberately chose a carpet that will hide the Dog Hair.
At least between the thrice weekly vacuuming.
Worst part is as the Red has got older, won’t let me brush him past his shoulders.
Even his favourite human friend, won’t let her brush him either.
So they both go to the groomer every 4-5 weeks. I asked the girls there if they give them any problems, but apparently they are pure angels for them….
BASTARDS….
Hehehehe….

Back