ACDs and hair

@momofthreeboys I just read a bunch about this beautiful mix. The designer breeders say they haven't elimited that shedding with the basinji mix. But they did accidentally create a silent hunting dog that also herds.

Perhaps one of the other mixes.

The poodle heeler mix looks like a giant shi tsu.

Bichon heeler looks like he has bed hair.

Blue Heeler/Schnauzer mix is possibly the ugliest dog I've ever seen. But I bet he's a great dog.

Blue Heeler/Italian Greyhounds are gorgeous, but I wouldn't let them around cats.

@lee102 I'm on my 6th heeler x border collie. I LOVE the mix. It would be a perfect breed in my book but luckily they're easy enough to find. I feel like they shed a bit less than the straight heelers I've had but not by a huge amount.

@soulhealthy I have an 8 yr Texas heeler and an acd the TH (Rigby) leaves about a zillion tumbleweeds of black hair all over the house daily. Took him for the first time to a groomer to de-shed and he looked very shiny but he got this weird reaction all along his spine of scabby bumps that the vet was not even sure about - antibiotics and special shampoo and 200 vet visit. Maybe we shouldn’t go to the groomer?!

@lee102 I think my ACD/lab is super cool looking, but jfc they didn't cut down shedding there lmao

(Mine wasn't even on purpose, but people do breed them.)

@dp26 Our 6yr old red is a crazy shedder who loves being brushed. During the summer we do it in the yard, the hair goes to my elder neighbor who has a garden, he uses it around his planting beds, keeps critters away. She blows coat 2x per year, for about 2 months at a time. Our robot vac keeps the hair controlled 4 days a week and the dyson pet vac does it once per week. I cant think of any other breed I would rather have.

@momofthreeboys My blue boy has a coat like a grizzly and sheds a dog's worth of hair daily. He has his own vacuum..seriously. I constantly ask him why he doesn't look like a naked molerat. My office has constant 'tumbleweeds '. My red girl is slick as a seal in summer after exploding her winter fuzz coat in one giant POOF!!! Much like a huge dandelion seed head on a windy day. It is a roll of the dice which coat characteristics your fur kid gets. ❤️

@momofthreeboys my blue heeler is a mix - 3/4 ACD, 1/8 mini greyhpund, 1/8 american shepherd.

she doesnt shed. its amazing! she has joint problems and a congenital heart defect so the so-called breeder who dumped her mange-riddled butt behind a chinese restaurant for dead didnt exactly create the perfect dog, but as far as her personality and coat go? perfect.

Back