What is the best dog shampoo for labradoodles?

@christianinthewilderness I personally hate shampoos that are supposed to be a conditioner as well. I would get both a shampoo and a conditioner separately and use them both.

As long as your dog doesn't have any skins conditions or sensitivities, you can use whatever dog shampoo you want honestly. I would just stay away from Hartz brand as they are known to have issues. I personally really like the tropiclean brand for at home baths for my own pups.

With doodles, the most important thing is making sure you brush and comb them before the bath and after they're dry as they can tangle and matt up very very easily from getting wet. If you can blow dry them, I highly recommend doing that, itll help out a lot.

@imagebeastmarkbeast
I personally hate shampoos that are supposed to be a conditioner as well.

Not OP, just a new dog owner here, could you elaborate on why? When we first got our puppy we tried to research some puppy shampoos and purchased a "Burt’s Bees for Puppies Shampoo and Conditioner." Then again, I'd never use a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner for my own hair, because I figure it wouldn't do either the shampoo or conditioner well, so is the reason similar to that?

@jamilton That's exactly why. They don't do either job very well. It may take more time to do both a shampoo and a conditioner but it does a much much better job at getting them clean and soft. Using just a shampoo is okay if its all you have, but will sometimes leave the dog with dry skin if it is done too often. I pretty much always use both shampoo and conditioner on every dog I groom

Back