Best dog food that has no chicken?

@ctlguy Mine baby Zemira had extreme vomiting and diarrhea and we suspected chicken- did the hydrolized protein now ready to transition to a food with just 1protein and 1 grain. Not easy as most have multiple grains. Any recommendations?

@ctlguy I really like Diamond Naturals (delivered from chewy) . They have several different formulas and many contain chicken and/or egg so you gotta read the ingredients list. The one I really liked for a long time was the salmon skin & coat, but it contains peas and lentils so we switched to the light lamb and rice. Our beagle had been battling skin issues for a while now, and honestly, the only thing that seems to help is a continuous Rx of ketoconazole, prednisone, ear wash, and a wipe-down with hypochlorous acid every couple of days. And we have to keep socks on her front paws or she nibbles them to nubbins. 🤦 We're so over each other rn

Editing to add: I also changed out her stainless food and water bowls to glass, and that has def helped her itchy chin and ears!

Back