What dog gets along best with ACD?

facelessk

We have a 2 y/r female blue heeler/border collie mix, and we are considering getting a second dog. Any suggestions on what kind of dogs get along best with ACD’s? Do you stick a female with a female or go male with a female? I’m a little worried how territorial she might be…

@therealashmoney Same here. He got ganged up on by 3 huskies at the dog park which triggered him to hate basically all dogs. he would hang with other dogs all the time before that, now he let’s out a psychotic scream bark every time we see another dog 🫠

@therealashmoney Mine got into a fight with a husky a few years back and she has never forgotten about it either. Anytime we come across a husky she’s ready to square up. Lol
My other dog has had horrible experiences with huskies as well. 💀

@rausachhanoi My ACD/Border collie (1 year old) adores his sisters. They are husky×pittie mixes. The girls are litter-mates but very different personalities! He was a foster fail (so were the girls) and he came into my house at 3 months old and they were 3.

@lizaz2112 My ACD mix is iffy with a lot of dogs but likes his Pry/Aussie shepherd mix brother who is more Pyr in temperament. This was a huge relief to us to have some big chill energy amidst his sharp neurotic tendencies. Thank goodness for foster-to-adopt opportunities so we could check temperaments!