Rant about UPick6

justiniun

UPick6 is I believe a chain website of FoxyRoxy. They have a subscription plan of $75mo where you get to choose which scissors you want for the month, unlike FoxyRoxy where they send you scissors at random. I signed up for the UPick6 subscription, but they have a catch, you CANNOT cancel for 6 months. I should also mention I am a leftie.
I'm currently on my 4th month and the more I think about it, the more I feel like this subscription is sort of a ripoff. I was okay with the no cancellation policy at first, but their selection for lefties is ridiculously underwhelming compared to the righties. There is just nothing more I'm interested in buying. I wanted the curved chunkers, but those are sold out (they only have 1 type for lefties), so I decided I would invest in a long pair of straights, but they don't have any 9 inch for lefties. They only have 1 pair of 8.5in straights that dont look too promising.
I understand that righties are more common, I'm just a little irked at this situation. Ive also tried emailing customer service about cancelling with an explanation and they just repeated the policy back to me.
Not trying to rip on the company or anything, but I think they should change this policy...

@justiniun You can try cancelling thru your credit card company. At least get part of your money back. Make sure the bank understands you were unable to get sufficient merchandise due to them being out of stock on leftie tools. Legit offer to pay for rhe months you got merchandise, but not for them being out of stock!

It takes patience and endurance to get your money back. My favorite case of endurance is United Breaks Guitars. After 9 months of United airlines not accepting responsibility for damages to his guitar, he promised them 3 songs, expecting to get 1 million views over the 3 songs. The first went viral, 4 million views within the first week. I don't have that kind of talent, but remembering it sure helps me to endure the BS.

Edit spelling

@peterjakeyboy I agree they seem shady. The first pair I got I ended up slicing my finger open on the outside edge of the scissors while I had the actual blades closed. Imagine if I would have used them to fluff up a dog’s coat with the blades closed and cut the dog.

@justiniun I'm a lefty as well and did the exact same thing as you but they did let me cancel bc I did it within a certain time frame. What I did receive doesn't have a decent edge on it and what was okaay-ish lost it's edge quickly.

I do Groombox and chose their 'lite' option. I am a shear snooooob. But I have been Very pleased with every pair I've gotten so far and 4 out of the 5 are actually quite different and unique!