My neighbors dog, one of them (there are 2) is super aggressive, very large and attacks the fence boards every time they know we are outside

@greatdanemom I would double check with Animal Control. This really shouldn't end with euthanasia but I don't know the laws where you are. What it SHOULD end with is the dog being seized. Our boy is a seized dog, that was forcibly taken from the owners, that's all the info we have. He is a Rottweiler/GSD/Pittie/Husky/Herding Breeds/ etc, so basically all the breeds that are a bit more tricksy (but fun!) with a tiny splash of mini poodle oddly lol. Anyway we thank God he was seized, and came to be with us. I don't know if he was abused but it took him months to fully trust us, and he's become such a happier dog since we adopted him. He was probably 2-3 when seized.

So I would look into how to get it to the SEIZED point and not the euthanasia point. Perhaps contact the ASPCA and explain the situation? Try AC again too and see if there is a way you can proceed but try to get removal and not euthanasia. The ASPCA are pretty good about stuff like that in my very limited experience.

Beyond that you could try to persuade the owners to actually be responsible or to just surrender their dog, as they will be facing serious fines before euthanasia.

Beyond that... I'm sorry there isn't much you can do... Maybe you could get an officer to talk to them and get them to surrender their pet because otherwise if they don't do anything they will be facing huge fines and it sounds like you said in your jurisdiction euthanasia would occur before forcible surrender?

Back