My girl won’t eat :(

rorycunningham

Smh she used to eat three meals a day no problem. Recently moved into a new house and got her vaccinations and now she MIGHT eat 1.5 times a day. Any advice?

EDIT: Thank you everyone for your input. She’s a little over a year old and has always eaten three meals a day. Maybe she’s starting to change a bit and that’s why? If I add raw egg or sodium free chicken broth she will eat it all up.

I’ll dial down to two meals a day. She was never obese or too skinny, but maybe her appetite has changed since getting older? I just want to make sure it just isn’t the stress of being in a new environment.

@rorycunningham How much are you feeding her? What is her current weight? Most dogs eat once to twice a day. I feed mine twice a day, 1 cup per meal + added protein. This is keeping them at a healthy weight and we talk several miles a day.

@rorycunningham 3x a day is too much. My male eats maybe once a day. I always have food in his bowl and he eats as he pleases but typically it is once in the evening.

My female eats twice a day but not always. She has been know to skip a meal here and there.

@rorycunningham Don't add store bought broth unless you check the ingredients to make sure it is not made with onions. Dogs cannot ingest onions. I make chicken broth for my boy which is easy enough to do since I add cooked chicken to his meals anyway.

Some foods are not safe to feed dogs and there are lists of safe foods as well as food to avoid.

Back