My dog can only eat the D/D Duck formula, I want to make homemade treats, what ingredients can I use?

paulcabrera

So my dog can only eat the Hills Science Diet D/D Duck formula dog food.

I want to make homemade dog treats for her but I don't want them to tear up her insides or ruin or skin like any other dog food or random treat does.

I know like certain fruits and veggies are safe for D/D dogs, carrots, blueberries...etc

But I want to make sure I know what my full options are and what I should most definitely avoid.

Please help, thank you.

@paulcabrera Since we're not exactly sure why your dog needs to D/D duck formula - I assume allergies, but sometimes that's not always the case - it's difficult to give a straight answer. I would check with your vet and ask them to help make a list of treats you can give.

If fruits and veggies are safe, you could make a smoothie type thing that you freeze on a lick mat or in a fillable toy for your dog.

@servadac Yes it's due to allergies. She'll vomit and poop blood if she eats anything else and her skin gets funky too.

And I just know certain fruits aren't good for for them, like strawberries...that's why I'm asking.

@paulcabrera I wish I could offer more help, but I'd hate to even suggest something as a possibility and cause you to go back to square one. I've had a dog with some rough GI issues - not an allergy, but still a concern - and definitely get being cautious

Back