How much would you charge for this beautiful boy?

@cazamal I’m assuming like everyone else in this sun, you’re in the US? I’m an Australian bather and we would charge minimum 70AUD for bath and blowout, which is about 45USD. I am at a pretty “bougie” salon though.

@mlangwasusan Not high enough man... especially for a bourgie salon...

Edit to add: I work corporate and we would charge minimum 80USD, and that would be for the basic, no bells or whistles

I like the prices @emilywombat 's salon charges

@cazamal 40 dollars at my salon :) The owner of the shop would bitch about how we are charging too much while the bather went back and forth about if they were charging too much or what their worth was. I love where I work

@imagebeastmarkbeast Nope. Grooming costs a lot. Goldens shed like a mfer plus a tidy up, plus location, and your dog probably wasn't behaved the best and was charged anywhere from $10-$30 extra for a handling fee. Big dogs like Goldens physically take a lot out of groomers especially if they have to be wrangled to stay in place, there are groomers in their 20s who have had to retire because of how physically demanding this job is. Do it yourself if you've got an issue with it.

@ilykmtns A golden retriever messed up my shoulder permanently less then 3 years in.

I love the goofballs as long as I don't have to groom them.

@ilykmtns My female golden is about 45 pounds and extremely well behaved. She does not look like the typical golden floof. I DO groom her myself but I couldn’t in this particular occasion because I was recovering from surgery. I’ve had her groomed before at other places and it was like $120 hence the extra fee was surprising. It was a good groom but not $175 worth.

@cazamal Huskies are generally small like that. The breed standard for males is 40-60lbs. Generally it should be about 70or more. At petco, a deshed and bath for that dog would be about 80$

Back