How I got my wonderful dog!

lisaxo

This story takes place from 2017-2019. (To shorten things up D=stepdad, M=mom, G=grandma. Other people will just go by what I want them to go by, TLDR at the end.)

My dog is a Chorkie breed (Yorkshire terrier and Chihuahua mix) and his story is a little sad in my eyes. He was born back in 2017 somewhere in Georgia. He was a young boy when he was rescued in late 2018. The reason was being tied up to a tree and left in storms because he dug holes.

Now my G (Stepdad's mom) is part of a group of people who take in dogs who have been rescued and need to be adopted. My family was about to move into a new house (my sister left in late July, we moved in early August.) We previously lived with my D's dad and stepmom. We had 2 cats and we were wanting a dog too. But it had to be a small dog (we have no fenced-in backyard.)

My G hit up M/D to say "Hey can your daughter come to my house for a little while so she can meet my dogs and hang out?" In which my parents said yes. Fast forward roughly 4 days, my sister comes home and says she met the cutest dog that fit what we needed as a dog. So my parents talked a little bit about it with G and they agreed that on August 16th, 2019 she would bring the dog.

On August 16th and my parents still haven't told us about the surprise. My G comes over and we were like "Oh cool! Grandma is here!" She brought in our dog (whose name used to be Oswald. I'll say his name later.) Later that evening my G leaves and says that "The dog is yours. Happy late birthday to my sister."

Fast forward a couple of years (2021) he is still with us. His name is what his former nickname was, Ozzy. I am so happy he is with us and excited to live with him until his days end

TLDR-The story of how I got my dog.