Daycare owner implied that I’m mistreating my puppy

@mugen The daycare owner has no business petting your dog. They're a stranger and your dog is establishing a boundary. The kindergarden teacher comparison you're making sounds overall appropriate 😂

@mugen That's so insane. My Pomeranian/chihuahua mix shies away from everyone because he's small and nervous, and he's treated like an absolute prince in our house. Totally ridiculous to say that they've NEVER seen a puppy shy away or be distant

@mugen Martingales shouldn't be worn like that ... If another dog got caught in one dogs martingale they can choke. Martingales are tools to be used during specific times, not casual collars...

I would run so far.

@mugen That’s a really weird interaction. It’s a bit weird you’ve already spent thousands on training a puppy you’ve only had for 5 weeks but I don’t see any red flags.

As a daycare worker, I never tried to pet dogs. If they asked to be pet they got pets, but it’s normal for dogs that don’t know you well to not want to be pet and the fact that he doesn’t know that is a red flag on his end.

@p4m3l4 Mix of quality private GSD/herding trainers, package kindergarten classes, supervised puppy-only socialization dates in parvo sanitized areas, and being in NYC. Wish it were otherwise but you can’t be too safe here. There was a huge lepto outbreak in a major dog park just a few weeks ago.

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. Will take it into account.