Cane Corso X Doberman Pinscher mix: Canis Panther

@gracenotworks It’s a mix that a few people have tried to promote. It’s a really bad idea. I’ve yet to see any with any sort of health testing.

And badly bred Cane Corso’s and badly bred Dobermans are really not a great idea put together

If you are thinking of purchasing one, probably don’t do that.

@gracenotworks Are you looking for a mix or one of the Canis Panther bred dogs? Quick search doesn't show Cane Corso in the breed.

I didn't see if they have a breed club or anything so not sure if they have ever tried to get into the AKC registry.

It sounds like strong protection animal, I would be very careful if thinking of getting one.

@gracenotworks it’s been tried for many years but every time i see one they all look different. cool idea with poor execution. there’s no consistency in the type, temperament, or drives of the mutts.

@gracenotworks The real Canis Panther bread was started by Scorpio Jones, Mr. Michael Stratten, and Mr. Lucas Lopez in the late 1970s selectively breading Great Danes, black Labrador, Doberman Pinscher, and Pit Bull Terrier, and Staffordshire Terrier.

There are a few lines of Canis Panther's some of which are slightly more protection focused while others are certified as assistance dogs.

More details are available from the Canis Panther Club of America: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9C2g3VTJkAyyyNZuDq9Ldw

Back