What customer comments made you want to literally reach across the counter and slap someone?

@rushu I canā€™t believe if she does them at home she doesnā€™t have an appreciation for just how much work that is and how hard it is on the groomer and how expensive the shampoo and conditioner, clippers etc. are.

I do my dog at home and I think the rate my groomer charges is quite reasonable for the work I know she does.

@trinitywechegah There's a reason I tip my groomer so well: because as a siberian husky owner, I CANNOT handle it myself.

I brush her daily. I vacuum daily. I've easily spent thousands of $ on different vacuums. I even tried a leaf blower once, and it...... did not go as I thought it would. Let's just say there was a husky hurricane in my garage.

The ladies that groom my husky deserve every $ I pay them.

@greekgrl77 I did buy a forced air drier, a grooming arm and loop, andis clippers and proper curved scissors, thinning sheers and 6 inch scissors. I get my supplies from a place that sells to groomers. I just could not do it at all without those tools and I easily spent $400-$500 on what I have to groom the dog and I have the basics for what is required.

I am laughing at the vacuums. I donā€™t know how you manage with the dog fur. I have two roombas and a third mopping roomba, a central vac and a dyson stick vacuum and I donā€™t even have a dog that sheds, I just seem to collect vacuums like they will magically make my house cleaner (the real magic is someone has to use them). The roombas keep up with the bird kibble my parrots fling around and are programmed to vacuum the kitchen every day. If I had a dog that shed I would probably have 10 vacuums.

@greekgrl77
This is my floof after his bath, blowdry and cut on Friday. I donā€™t have pictures of the fluff I clipped off him, but I have an entire bin of it now from the last couple of haircuts. I try to contain it in the bin as I go so I donā€™t make such a huge mess, but itā€™s nothing like your piles haha.

@trinitywechegah I have 3ngoldens , 2 pits and 4 cats and have a groom shop in my property so I being in hair from there. .Get a shop vac. If you just have floors a regular vacuum is a waste. I went through so many vacuums. If you have carpet,.that's a different story and one I'd change lol. I lhate carpet. I have one throw in the living room that I can take out and power wash.

@rushu Anytime the dog has something wrong with it and the owner is telling me itā€™s literally any reason except neglect. ā€œOh she must have gotten fleas in the parking lotā€¦sheā€™s white so fleas just jump on her.ā€ ā€œOh, we had him kenneled for two weeks and they just didnā€™t brush him/he got Matted on the way in when he stuck his head out the window.ā€

Also people who are oblivious to their dogā€™s behavior and/or size.

@cmotorsportsministries I absolutely love the ridiculous reasons people will give for their neglect. I also love that the "head out the window" bit is so universal. People around the world use that one. I had someone tell me their dog was fine until it went out in the yard in the rain to go potty and lightning struck a tree near it... and that's why it was matted. Like, you can't make this shit up šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

The behavior thing is another good one.
There is this one last at my job that is truly oblivious to his wild behaviors, anxiety and aggression ... even when he acts a fool right at her damn feet at check in. It doesn't help that a lot of groomers always just say every dog is "good" for grooming. When I groom a pet, I tell people the good and the bad... and since a lot groomers lie because people are crazy it MUST be me and I'M the problem, not their little hellhound šŸ™ƒ

@cmotorsportsministries I had one when I had to shave the dogs ears, NOT JUST behind the ears but THE WHOLE EAR because it was a solid mat (ear infections too) and the owner was like "Well, she had her head out of the window the whole way here so that's probably why" as an excuse for all of it.

@rushu Costs:

Water
Electric
Rent
Equipment
Products
Taxes
Wages (if you have employees)
Insurance
Student loan repayments (if applicable)

Iā€™m sure Iā€™m missing some stuff but once you knock all that off the Ā£90 per dog, youā€™re really not pocketing loads and even if you were pocketing a decent amount good for you! We work hard and everyone wants to live a nice life! Why live off minimum wage?? I understand a lot of people canā€™t afford stuff in this cost of living crisis but she can ā€˜do them herselfā€™ itā€™s a luxury to have someone else do it for her save her the time and effort. If itā€™s too expensive for her budget thatā€™s fine but she shouldnā€™t l be so rude about it šŸ™„

@grizabella Not to mention weā€™re based in the most expensive part of the most expensive region of the country, so our business rates are stupid high.

@rushu Client with a 50 pound former street dog who was a tough cookie for sure, called to ask a question while the dog was in the salon being groomed. She heard another dog barking over the phone and pitched a fit that her delicate angel baby was being traumatized by hearing another dog bark. She insisted that I guarantee her lil fluffy muffykins would never be subjected to another dog barking ever again. I told her to come pick her dog up and never come back. Shock and outrage, but I had it with her and I was so happy she played herself!

@leoriofarel You could assure her that is indeed a possibility. All she needs to do is book the entire shop for half a day - you could give that poor stressed out lil fluffy muffykins a "spa day" and it would only cost her, say, $1500?

Edit to make price more reasonable. And you could make it $1200 if the little floofy one is a good girl (unlike Mum).