Wahl Km10 without "30 blade"?

peble

Hey all,

I've been reading up a bit on blades ans guards recently and I understand 10 to be 1.6mm, and 30 to be 0.5mm.

I just ordered a wahl km10 with the standard set of 8 steel guards (upto 1" I believe) . It comes with a 10 blade as standard.

Q: I've read that 30 is recommended with guards, however they're compatible with a 10. For a havanese, would the accompanying 10 be good enough to use with guards or do I HAVE to buy a 30?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@peble A 10 should work fine under an attachment comb for a havanese. I prefer using a 30, but a 10 will do, especially if it's just for one dog.

@peble A 10 will work, it will just change the final length by a very small amount that you likely won’t even notice. Some people have said that using a 10 underneath the combs will stretch them out so when you go to use a 30 they don’t fit quite as snugly and may be more likely to fall off so I would keep that in the back of your mind.

@christellanf I just use the stock 10. We get the dog professionally washed, then we use the clippers at home. Every now and then we get him professionally cut as well, but at least we can do every other cut ourselves and save some money.