Struggling to find a muzzle that allows my dog to pant and drink

exitworldwide

Sorry if this is the wrong place, but we have been through a shit few days with our pup and are looking for a solution.
Our boy wes is a staffy/mastiff and so far we have tried 4 muzzles and none of them have fit correctly.
The Baskerville XL allows him to pant, but he can easily pull it off
The baskerville L fits perfectly around the circumference and straps but he cannot open his mouth to pant at all.

His measurements are
Snout circumference; 31-32
Snout length; 8.5-9

Looking online at muzzles, for basically every brand his length and circumference have different sized to one another. Has anyone else has this problem - if so what did you end up on?

@exitworldwide I would check out both this site: https://www.muzzletrainingandtips.com.au/ and the r/muzzledogs subreddit. Both are super helpful with figuring out a good muzzle for your pup and the subreddit has super helpful folks that can help you find a good fit.

I don't have any recommendations for your breed but can say the Baskerville fit poorly on my dog (heeler mix) and he is significantly happier and more comfortable with a Leerburg.

@tlee5656 They’re working on a “bully” shaped muzzle right now I think it’ll be out soon! Check out their website. I have a muzzle from them and am very happy with it

@exitworldwide I recommend the investment in a Trust Your Dog custom muzzle. Vinyl ones are bite proof. She recently made some biothane with metal bars inside to make them sturdier as well. I recommend being willing to pay for rush shipping if none of her in stock muzzles will fit.

@madmoonsam I also like my Trust Your Dog muzzle. We have what is probably her "least secure" option (biothane, no bars, open nose, treat hole, no forehead strap, no safety straps -- Lucy is a "panic and flail" risk, not a determined bite risk), and because of the fit, it's still really, really secure on her face and comfortable for her to wear.

@janieve My boy will absolutely bite at the vet or groomer or if he needs at home medical care. He’s very anxious and insecure about medical treatment and nail clipping. His muzzle is the vinyl option with a treat hole and no forehead strap because he doesn’t need it.

@exitworldwide Iv a German Shepherd/Rottweiler i had to go through a military/police site to get the correct fit for the broad head pointed muzzle. Its metal, but he can drink, and we take it off for eating. The only drawback is if he bangs your head, you learn real quick that it's gonna hurt

@exitworldwide We ended up getting a custom one from Khaos Kollars and it's honestly very cute. We got a muzzle to prevent scavenging, so I can't vouch for bite protection if that's what you're looking for, but their L3s say they're meant for it. We got the rec from our trainer, but they also mentioned Trust Your Dog.