Shaky, loud blades after sharpening

alektra

I was a responsible home groomer and took my shears and most-used blades(two #10s, one #15) to get sharpened.

Upon their return, they’re now quite loud and shaky and producing dirty oil and getting hot quickly—this is not the case for my ceramic #7 which wasn’t sharpened and still runs quietly. Are they… over tightened? What’s up with my blades? I’m so bummed, I stained my dog’s face with dirty oil! And I had to swap blades several times. I’d love to be able to fix this at home so I can finish her groom rather than wait til Monday.

This sharpener is also a groomer, but told me he wasn’t able to test the blades after sharpening since he was slammed. Any advice? Thank you

@lyssarae83 I bought some good clippers used and watched some YouTube videos🫣 and since I do it at home I do, like, one foot or half her face or whatever per day. I’ve never done the whole dog at once, I don’t have the stamina to wash, dry and then shave. Get you Deb Jones book “cooperative care: seven steps to stress free husbandry” and follow it exactly like she says.

Thank you!

Here’s a bad haircut I gave her once:

https://preview.redd.it/znfg7x9b9hz...bp&s=0ce673595b0fe5f1d77d5d6798859b8590aa4b23

@alektra You inspire me, cause you sound like youre the only or the main carer. I had a good cry yesterday because I am.still learning how to organize my life with this new being. Your practical yet kind way of being really helpefe to feel like it's good at the other side. Crazy but good